[PC-1600] NEW: Generic Bus Extension Module - USB-Keyboard

Les collectionneurs avides de tractations pourront s'informer des avis présentés. Répondez en priorité sur le topic, concluez en MP ou par mails.

Modérateur : Politburo

spellbound
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Re: [PC-1600] NEW: Generic Bus Extension Module - USB-Keyboard

Message par spellbound » 19 janv. 2021 14:14

Just as we're talking about EEPROM flashing: This reminds me of a side project that I've done a couple of years ago in conjunction with my 512KB RAM module for the 1600. It's an EEPROM module with a PLCC32 Xicor28C256 that can be flashed from within the 1600 with a special machine language routine. Usually I soldered the EEPROM directly to the PCB (left module on the picture), but I soldered one version with a PLCC32 socket. With this the PC-1600 is turned into an EEPROM burner :wink: (ok, for just exatly one type of IC, but hey).
As chance would have it, thats exactly the type of IC that fits into my new module, presented here...
So maybe it makes sense to reactivate that side project when there is more than one application for the new module :roll:
On the other hand, there remains the necessity to flash the ATmega as well ..
Just some thoughts :geek:

didifart
Fonctionne à 300 bauds
Fonctionne à 300 bauds

Message par didifart » 21 janv. 2021 11:30

Hi,
Both are great ideas !

But yes , ability to store programs in a usb / sd / flash ... just like ont a floppy is just the best improvement I'd like to have

spikeofax
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par spikeofax » 06 févr. 2021 21:16

Great stuff Tom, best of luck as you enter the home straight!

spellbound
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par spellbound » 15 févr. 2021 00:33

A little status update:
The PCBs for the lot (max 10) are here and the last missing ICs should be delivered by the end of the coming week.
Most of the soldering is already done. There is also progress with the housing for the module. This is the body prototype:
next will be the top.
And here is the keyboard mapping I've implemented for the PC-1600 special keys. It's the same for US, German and French keyboards:
Image.
Another good news: I've tested the module with a Microsoft wireless keyboard with USB-dongle - it worked flawlessly 8)

Répondre

Revenir vers « Je donne, j'échange, j'achète et je vends [réservé aux membres actifs] »