Modérateur : Politburo

Répondre
frodolf
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Sharp PC-1500A + CE-150 weird effect

Message par frodolf »

Hi all,

Earlier today, I received a CE-150, to go with my PC-1500A. When trying to use these two together though, the display shows two lines in the left half of the screen (see here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YFE2GE ... p=drivesdk) and when typing, it constantly acts as if <shift> was hit first.

I did run a quick test (in RUN mode, since I cannot access PRO mode in this setup) and found that a lprint command does get to the plotter and the plotter works correctly too.

Does anyone have any idea what is up here?

Kind regards,

Frank
cgh
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds
Fonctionne à 2400 bauds

Re: Sharp PC-1500A + CE-150 weird effect

Message par cgh »

Hello,

First, try a CALL &E000 This is the warm reset. Normally you should get the message NEW0? :CHECK or NEW0? :CHECK 8. This will "erase" all data incorrectly set and reinitialize all pointers. The "CHECK 8" will be displayed if the printer is not ready.
Do also UNLOCK just in case the modes are locked.
Secondly, are you sure you do not have a ROM module inserted, that overlaps with the printer itself ?

Good luck :)

Christophe
Il y a ceux qui voient les choses telles qu'elles sont et se demandent pourquoi, et il y a ceux qui imaginent les choses telles qu'elles pourraient être et se disent... pourquoi pas? - George Bernard Shaw
J'adore parler de rien, c'est le seul domaine où j'ai de vagues connaissances ! - Oscar Wilde
Ce n'est pas parce que les choses sont difficiles que nous n'osons pas. C'est parce que nous n'osons pas que les choses sont difficiles. - Sénèque
frodolf
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Re: Sharp PC-1500A + CE-150 weird effect

Message par frodolf »

Hi Christophe,

First of all, thanks for your reaction! :)

I tried the CALL &E000 - it gave a nice NEW0? :CHECK.

As to ROM modules, nope, I have nothing in there. Just a plain 1500A.

I decided to test a bit more - I set the computer to PRO mode, before switching it off and connecting the plotter. I then cloaded a program (globe), switched to RUN mode and ran it. The plotter worked perfectly for a while, until a gear broke (that is a separate problem, of course, which I will solve at a later time).

Do you (or anyone else) have any more ideas?

Grtz,

Frodo
Répondre

Retourner vers « Silicium in English »