Modérateur : Politburo

Répondre
achimhb
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Wanted: Micral N

Message par achimhb »

Hi everyone,

I am a vintage computer collector from Germany and try to get in contact with collectors from France. My ancestors are from France and so I have a French last name.

I didn’t know the Micral N was up for auction in France. Usually I get notification of any computer auction but only those in the USA, GB and Germany.

Anyway, the best chance to find a Micral N is in France, of course. If someone own or know owner of a Micral N, please let me know and we can talk, negotiate etc. Everything can be done highly confidential, if necessary. Mail me info@classiccomputermuseum.com

Even every hint would be great. I am not into the French vintage collector scene and I guess some Micral owner are well known in France.

I’ve got many unique computer but missing a few. Most I like are 70's computer. My intention is to open a museum or to find a museum for all pieces. Two computer I gave already to museums.

Thanks
Fabrice Montupet
Administrateur
Administrateur

Re: Wanted: Micral N

Message par Fabrice Montupet »

Hi,

Many of us are looking for the mythical French computer Micral N. It's a very hard to find beast.
achimhb
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par achimhb »

Hi,

Yes, maybe I should add a note.
I would pay the same or even higher amount for the Micral we have seen last auction 2017 in France.
Just 3 years ago I asked around to get hands on an original Apple-1, Apple Lisa 1, Kenbak-1 etc.
I faced a wild mix of reaction. Now I own all of them and as I wrote in the first message, my two original Apple-1 are on display in museums. https://www.TheApple-1.com. Some day I will try to make pictures of my collection.
As you mentioned, it is hard but not impossible.

It is possible. Just the right person needs to know there is someone looking for it, willing to pay the asking price and as a bonus the Micral will end up on display for the public.

By the way, if someone got early 70's computer like Intel Intellec, Intel MCS/SIM/PA4-04, Jolt, Sphere, SRI-1000, Intersil, Compucolor, rare S-100 systems, printer SwTPC PR-40 and other rare ones. we can talk about trading or buying. And last but not least I am always looking for IBM big iron or other mainframes and mini-computer. I have a warehouse in Cologne to store it.
For trade I have for example to offer many Apple II Rev. 0, all kind of Altair, Imsai, Lisa's, KIM's etc.
Fabrice Montupet
Administrateur
Administrateur

Message par Fabrice Montupet »

achimhb a écrit : 17 juil. 2018 11:06 As you mentioned, it is hard but not impossible.
It is what I said.
By persistently searching and searching, I ended up to find very rare old computers including one unique (only six ever produced) and for which no other existing owner is known. So, all is possible when we take the trouble to invest in a quest. And the price prepared to pay is not necessarily the key to the success.
90.000 Micral N were sold (all versions included) so finding one is of course in the realm of possibility.
Répondre

Retourner vers « Silicium in English »