G850VS Autorun, 'FILES' command, G850VS manual etc ??

Talk in English

Modérateur : Politburo

Répondre
Richard
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

G850VS Autorun, 'FILES' command, G850VS manual etc ??

Message par Richard »

Hi friends

I'm slowly getting used to my impressive G850VS. Understanding documents written in french or Japanese is providing fun too :). I hope to provide my own user manual in English when it's presentable, I'm finding that basic information is scattered all over the place and even command lists written by others don't necessarily apply to the G850VS !.

My latest issues are....

1. How do you get the G850VS to autorun a bas file ?. The old ARUN, AUTORUN commands don't seem to work. I saw a Japanese document which seemed to say that the file had to saved with a specific name ??.

2. I can enter the 'FILES' command to see a list of my saved files but nothing seems to get a response other than the ↑ and ↓ keys (up and down arrows). How do I load, kill etc from this screen ??.

3. I have a scan of the original Japanese G850V user manual but can't find a scan of the latest G850VS user manual. Anyone have one or link to one I can have or even buy ??

4. How do I edit a line of a basic program ?. Do I have to enter it again ??.

Regards & thanks in advance for any responses.
gege
Fonctionne à 14400 bauds
Fonctionne à 14400 bauds

Re: G850VS Autorun, 'FILES' command, G850VS manual etc ??

Message par gege »

Hello,
1. Don't know
2. Type the L key or Shift Load (Load being the function above a certain key) - off the top of my head
3. No idea... probably not very critical
4. Use the up and down arrows in PROgram mode.

Keep the faith, you'll be handsomely rewarded by this remarkable machine !
G.E.
Richard
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par Richard »

gege a écrit :Hello,
1. Don't know
2. Type the L key or Shift Load (Load being the function above a certain key) - off the top of my head
3. No idea... probably not very critical
4. Use the up and down arrows in PROgram mode.

Keep the faith, you'll be handsomely rewarded by this remarkable machine !
G.E.
Thanks Gege !

2. yes it's shift-M for 'LOAD'
4. Thanks !, I'm sure I tried this before but now I see a block cursor that allows me to edit !!. Is there also a 'copy' function to allow me to enter multiple similar lines of code ?
5. What's the bottom left button do (the one with Japanese symbols on it). if I press it then start typing I get a box bottom right with space for three characters ?.

Regards
pir2
Fonctionne à 9600 bauds
Fonctionne à 9600 bauds

Message par pir2 »

Hi Richard,

There is no Copy / aste function on this Basic editor.
The most simple thing to duplicate a code is to change the line number in edit mode and as a result copy the entire line to a new one.

Left bottom key enters you in the Katana key mode, where a correct combination of keys gives you the japanese character. For display only, same as on the E500 series.

Maybe you should try to search for an english version of the E500 series to get some help by comparison.
I grandly doubt there was an official english translation of the G850 series documentation, as it was never released out of Japan.
Richard
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

Message par Richard »

pir2 a écrit :Hi Richard,

There is no Copy / aste function on this Basic editor.
The most simple thing to duplicate a code is to change the line number in edit mode and as a result copy the entire line to a new one.

Left bottom key enters you in the Katana key mode, where a correct combination of keys gives you the japanese character. For display only, same as on the E500 series.

Maybe you should try to search for an english version of the E500 series to get some help by comparison.
I grandly doubt there was an official english translation of the G850 series documentation, as it was never released out of Japan.
Thanks pir2

I know the G850VS manual was only printed in Japanese, but you can see much of the commands, command formats and examples of useage etc......but I can't even get my hands on a Japanese copy !!

Regards
Répondre

Retourner vers « Silicium in English »