MySilicium

Forum de discussions sur les vieux micros, pockets & consoles
Nous sommes le Dim Avr 23, 2017 21:47 pm

Heures au format UTC + 1 heure [ Heure d’été ]

Auteur Message
MessagePosté: Lun Déc 05, 2016 0:38 am 
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

I like the SHARP PC-G850V(S): Great display, multi-language support - and the capabilities of the 11-pin interface of this little thing are quite impressive. E.g. did you know that

• there are several (sub-)modes and protocols in which the interface can operate?
  • there is an easy DIY possibility for a PC-USB connection cable with FULL RTS/CTS hardware handshake?
  • it can be used as a hardware controller, like an Arduino but with an integrated dev env?
  • there is a full PIC-microcontroller dev env, including a PIC-burner algorithm? (but how does it work and what kind of burning hardware is needed?)
  • how it is possible to operate the 4-color plotter CE-515/6P?
  • there are 2 different synchronous, serial protocols (one beiing for the CE-126P)
  • there is an API for writing custom serial protocols?
  • BSAVE/BLOAD can be used to store programs on tape via the CE-126P and for interchange with another PC-G850V(S)?

After some time of experimenting and research during the last few months, I found that information sources (incl. japanese) regarding the interface are mostly incomplete, often inconsistent and some errors are widly spread - probably due to the copy paste character of the web. Furthermore they are very sparse, especially for PIC burning.
So I decided to trace it down and write a hopefully consistent doc. Here I share it with the community.
The original text was written in German and forms "Anhang A" of Jörg's very nice project "SHARP PC-G850V(S) Benutzerhandbuch"

SHARP PC-G850V(S) Bedienungsanleitung (german)

To reach a broader audience, we both think the whole manual should be translated into english!
I make a start with my chapter about the 11-pin interface, which you can download here (I'm not a native english speaker though ;-):

SHARP PC-G850V(S) - An In Depth Doc of the 11-Pin Interface (english)

I tried to verify all the bits and pieces and to provide sound, self contained examples.
Have fun reading - comments/additions/corrections welcome.

Cheers
Tom

[EDIT: BSAVE/BLOAD pulse width modulation mode added]

Dernière édition par spellbound le Jeu Déc 15, 2016 15:04 pm, édité 1 fois au total.

MessagePosté: Lun Déc 05, 2016 1:01 am 
Fonctionne à 75 bauds
Fonctionne à 75 bauds

if you are interested in my PC-G850V(S) PIC-burner that is introduced in this article, you may want to register here:
http://www.silicium.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=41176
[EDIT: sold out]

Heures au format UTC + 1 heure [ Heure d’été ]